< Previous | Next >
- To map out the effects that environmental insecurity and degradation have on poverty and food security, and vice versa.
- To describe how fishers and fishing families under certain socio-ecological conditions cope individually and collectively with maintaining sustainable livelihoods.
- To analyse which conditions are essential for securing livelihood resilience at individual, household and community levels.
- To discuss which institutional mechanisms at various scales are essential to build adaptive capacity for coping with resource crisis.
- To contribute to the general discourse (also within the auspices of United Nations/FAO) on poverty alleviation and small-scale fisheries.